Time to Man Up
Foundation of Relationships
Singing and Making Melody in our hearts
Submission – Willing putting other’s needs above my own wants
Key to Lasting Relationships -- Forgiveness
WHY IS THIS SO HARD?
- The Fall – the Curse makes us want to dominate or rule our wives just like sin makes wives want to reject the authority of their husbands.
- Last Days
What are the characteristics of this Love?
- Christian Men Should Love Sacrificially(vs. 25)
Shows itself through focus (I Peter 3:6-7)
The Spirit filled husband loves his wife not for what she can do for Him, but what he can do for her.
Surrenders to the Cross Daily
- Love Seeks not its own – I Corinthians 13
- Love Selflessly Gives to Meet Other’s Needs
Love is an action word
2. Christian Men Should Love Purely (vs. 27)
Ephesians 5:26-27 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
- Expose her to the Word of God
- Don’t Lead Her into Sin