Amazing Gifts of Christmas - Forgiveness
“Hope is expecting for what God has already promised us.”
Worshipping and Waiting while Hoping
A ransom is something that is paid to provide for the release of someone who is held captive. Jesus paid our ransom to redeem us from sin, death, and Hell.
• Redemption implies bondage. Every person is born enslaved to sin.
• Redemption implies cost. A price has to be paid to buy the slave out of bondage.
• Redemption implies the ownership of that which is redeemed.
19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?
20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.: “You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.”
Why Did Joseph Need a Savior?
- He was a Sinner.
- His good Works could not save him.
- His Race could not save him.
- His Proximity to Jesus could not save him.