Some of you were asking for this after the message today. Here it is.
“Twelve Rules for Raising Juvenile Delinquent Children.”
- Begin with infancy to give the child everything he wants. In this way he will grow up to believe the world owes him a living.
- When he picks up bad words, laugh at him. This will make him think that it is cute.
- Never give him any spiritual training. Wait until he is twenty-one and then let him “decide for himself.’
- Avoid use of the word “wrong.” It may develop a guilt complex. This will condition him to believe later, when he is arrested for stealing a car, that society is against him and he is being persecuted.
- Pick up everything he leaves lying around. Do everything for him so that he will be experienced in throwing all responsibility on others.
- Let him read any printed matter he can get his hands on. Be careful, that the silverware and drinking glasses are sterilized, but let his mind feast on garbage.
- Quarrel frequently in the presence of your children. In this way they won’t be shocked when the home is broken up later.
- Give a child all the spending money he wants. Never let him earn his own.
- Satisfy his every craving for food, drink and comfort. See that every sensual desire is gratified.
- Take his part against neighbors, teachers and policemen. They are all prejudiced against your child.
- When he gets into real trouble, apologize for yourself by saying, “I never could do anything with him.
- Prepare for a life of grief. You will likely have it.