Your Father Knows What You Need
- Practical Stresses
- Health Stresses
- Relational Stresses
- Spiritual Stresses *
Worry is caring so much about concerns in this world that we lose perspective on life and lack trust in God. **
Worry is the sin of distrusting the promise and providence of God. ***
Corrie ten Boom "Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrows; it empties today of strength.”
1. God is your Master vs. 25
- He owns everything.
- He controls everything.
- He can provide everything.
2. God is your Father. vs. 26
Your life matters to God. You have intrinsic value and worth demonstrated by the cross of Christ.
3. Worrying is extremely unhelpful. vs. 27-29**
4. Worrying is acting like the unsaved. vs. 30-32
5. God knows what you need. vs. 32
6. God will provide what you need as you follow Him. vs. 33
7. God will give you mercy, grace, and strength for today. vs. 34
* Cary Schmidt
** David Platt
*** John MacArthur