The Joy of Church Life
There is great joy in being a active part of God's local church.
Right View of God's People
my brothers and sisters,
my joy and crown,
- Understand there are enemies.
- Be equipped for the battle.
- Fight as a unit.
We are to stand fast to do God's will.
Don't flinch or retreat - advance the cause of Christ as a Citizen of the Heavenly Kingdom.
How and Why should we Stand Fast?
- Win Spiritual Battle for the Faith 1:28-30
- Love other believers in the fellowship 2:1-2
- Embrace Humility 2:3-4
- Serve with self-sacrifice
- Follow the example of Jesus Christ 2:5-11
- Love the lost like Timothy 2:20
- His experience of the righteousness that comes from God through faith in Christ (3:7–17),
- The tragic destiny of the enemies of the cross (3:18–19),
- The present reality of our heavenly citizenship
- The expectation of Christ’s return to restore all things (3:20–21)
June 4, 1940 House of Commons
I have, myself, full confidence that if all do their duty, if nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once again able to defend our Island home, to ride out the storm of war, and to outlive the menace of tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary alone. At any rate, that is what we are going to try to do. That is the resolve of His Majesty’s Government-every man of them. That is the will of Parliament and the nation. The British Empire and the French Republic, linked together in their cause and in their need, will defend to the death their native soil, aiding each other like good comrades to the utmost of their strength. Even though large tracts of Europe and many old and famous States have fallen or may fall into the grip of the Gestapo and all the odious apparatus of Nazi rule, we shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender, and even if, which I do not for a moment believe, this Island or a large part of it were subjugated and starving, then our Empire beyond the seas, armed and guarded by the British Fleet, would carry on the struggle, until, in God’s good time, the New World, with all its power and might, steps forth to the rescue and the liberation of the old.