- Worship comes from a transformed heart. “Spirit”
Cannot please God unti I am right with God.
- Worship comes from an attentive heart.
- Worship comes from the truth.
The Seven Prescribed Elements of Corporate Worship
- Sing the Scripture (Eph. 5:18-19).
- Pray the Scripture (1 Tim. 2:17).
- Give to see scriptural worship supported and extended (1 Cor. 16:1-4; 2 Cor. 8-9).
- Read the Scripture (1 Tim. 4:13).
- Teach the Scripture (1 Tim. 4:13; 2 Tim. 4:1-5).
- See Scripture acted out in baptism (Mt. 28-19-20).
- See Scripture acted out in the Lord’s Table (1 Cor. 11:23-32).
- Acceptable worship is a matter of the heart, not merely external.
- Acceptable worship is wholehearted, not halfhearted.
- Acceptable worship is active, not passive.