Remember, Don’t Forget
1 Corinthians 11:1
1 Corinthians 11:23–34
Biblical Principles about the Lord’s Table
1. It is Symbolic, not Sacramental
2. It is to be a Memorial, not just a Meal
3. It calls for Examination, not Evangelism
4. It causes us to look back to the Past and ahead to the Future.
Keys to Observing the Lord’s Table Well
1. Approach the Lord’s Supper by judging yourself, that is, by examining yourself.
2. Accept the chastening of the Lord. Confess and repent, turn from your life of sin, knowing that God is chastening you out of love.
3. Serve one another.
4. Do not bring condemnation upon yourself.