Living Faith - How Do I know if I am a Christian? *
1 John 5:13
1. Understand that there is a difference between a lost and saved Person Changed Life
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
2. Everyone who says that they are a follower of Christ in not a follower of Christ.
Test of Obedience
1 John 2:3
3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1 John 2:15-17
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 5:5
5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Can't love God and love Evil at same time Devil's crowd or God's crowd Live life of evil or want to be around those who are Godly
Test of Love for Believers
1 John 2:10
10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
1 John 4:7
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
Test of Prayer being answered
1 John 3:22
22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.
Praying for the Will of God Do you Pray? Does God answer?
Test of Conviction of Sin
1 John 1:8-10
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Jeff Jones says Confusing Struggle
1. Feel something - based upon person's emotions
2. Struggle with Sin Lust, doubt, consistency, faith, disobedience, hypocrite, materialistic
3. Received Bad Teaching
4. Want to contribute something
Answer These Questions
Is the Desire and Direction of Your Life for Obedience and Holiness?
Is Your Heart's desire to Please the Lord?
Would you give anything to never hurt God again, give up sinful habits?
1. Remorse for Sin & Desire for Holiness
2. Grow in Love for people and People of God
3. Inward witness of Spirit
How Can I be sure I am saved?
1. You sin and your sin has separated you from God
2. You must trust God alone for your salvation Right standing is from God by faith
3. You must realize your righteousness is from God by faith
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
* From sermon notes from Jeff Jones Message preached in 2011
* From Phillips Commentary